facebook

20 Magnificent Old Photos That Were Recolored

recolored-photo-15

Small child with a puppy in Pleasant Point, West Virginia in May 1943.

Related

'Boss bought 50 chairs in an online auction. It wasn't until we went to pick them up that we realised it was...

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

Comments

• Charles ODonnell Mar 16, 2016 at 6:51 pm

The photo of the Manhattan Sunset is mis-labled. The only way you can see Manhattan from the George Washington bridge is to face East, so this is Sunrise, NOT Sunset…….. Or you are on the wrong bridge….

• A. V. Mar 17, 2016 at 8:29 pm

Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us. We appreciate comments like this one because this way we can improve the quality of our articles. We will try and identify the right bridge from this photo! Have a good one!

• Bob Tucker Mar 16, 2016 at 11:44 pm

Why do you continue sending me emails You’ve already sent to me?

• John Connell Mar 18, 2016 at 12:03 pm

the photo of the women and children is heartbreaking

thank you for sharing it as it is necessary to remember the holocaust

• Robert Richey Mar 18, 2016 at 1:25 pm

I loved all of the photos and a masterful job tat was performed on their restoration. I look at the first picture and see innocence and probably hope. In looking at #18 I have a heavy heart knowing what is about to happen to these people. I can’t help but wonder what may have been invented or discovered by some of these children or their children that they were not around to bring into this world. The contrast between #1 and #18 should conjure up many thoughts in any decent persons mind.

• Randy Mar 18, 2016 at 3:08 pm

Thank you for posting these photos. I am a bit of a history buff and nothing brings it to life like being able to sit down and really look at GREAT color pictures. This is one of the first things I have found on line that really was interesting. I hope you can post more in the future, and I would say to whoever colorized these pics you did a terrific job. Thank you to everyone involved for doing something so enjoyable and entertaining

• Raven Haber Mar 18, 2016 at 3:08 pm

Just Brilliant!

• Dave Mar 18, 2016 at 6:58 pm

Thanks for the photographs. Just finished the book on the Romanov’s and there are the pictures of the girls the boy was missing. (“The Grand Duchesses Maria, Olga, Anastasia, and Tatiana Romanov in 1910.”)

• Eleanoor Mar 18, 2016 at 10:23 pm

# 18… will we ever stop hurting each other???Did we ever find it productive in any way that was worth it??

• walter Mar 19, 2016 at 2:19 pm