Everybody knows how to “Google,” but not everyone knows how to be a true genius at it. Here are simple, yet effective ways of maximizing your Google search … like a boss!
1. Quotation Marks: Use quotes to search for an exact word or set of words. This is useful for searching quotes and song lyrics.
Example: “To be or not to be”
2. Dashes: Put a dash before a word that you want to exclude in your search.
Example: jaguar -animal
3. Tilde: Use a tilde before a term to include results with its synonyms.
Example: Christmas ~desserts
4. site:query: Use site: to search within a specific site.
5. link:query: Use link: to search for sites that link to the specified site url.
6. Two Periods: Use two periods between two numbers to express a range of things like date, measurements and prices.
Example: movies 1950..1970
7. related:query: Use related: to find sites that are related to the specified site.