The Most Powerful Pictures Ever Taken

Grief

most-powerful-picture-1

Robert Peraza kneels down in grief before his son’s name on the 9/11 Memorial.

Related

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

Comments

• H. Alperin Oct 16, 2015 at 2:56 am

Oh so powerful!l His pain is so evident and it will never go away.

• jOel gOld Oct 16, 2015 at 2:59 pm

Broken sensibilities dependent on rumors of hard impenetrable myths cheat the truths that float in the heart of those who have lost loved ones.
    Memory, the only repository of the ancient hieroglyphics that live in our silent identities can and must speak to the absolute bearing of experience
    that will live within us for ever.

• C R Keel Oct 20, 2015 at 7:41 pm

Not sure what all that means but I hope you were expressing sympathy.

• Peej Oct 22, 2015 at 12:35 am

Hi jOel did you write this after seeing the photograph? I am not sure if I managed to get the understanding… but I gave it a go.

Fracturing perceptions against whispering crystalline mythology. Deceiving the candour of the heart. Memory. Memory becomes unintelligible silence. As forgotten hieroglyphs speak of lives gone. As a murmured rumour we must repeat.

Sorry I reaaranged some of it. Also used crystalline over hard… hieroglyphs Pyramids… pointy crystals. Kind of figure that one metaphor per verse … I really hope I made sense of what you were saying.

• scott cousins Oct 18, 2015 at 4:20 pm

oh so impressive your fancy words jOel gOld ! Perhaps you could translate that into English so that others can understand. The mark of true intelligence is not just stringing a bunch of fancy words together, but using them so that others can understand. You my friend, are an ass !

• RR Oct 19, 2015 at 4:03 pm

I think jOel is “legally” stoned, and makes lots of sense to himself?
      A few Vets. would like to teach him reality English!

• Gary Oct 19, 2015 at 3:18 pm

And you, Mr. Cousins, are not very intelligent.

• Gary Oct 19, 2015 at 3:20 pm

What does that make you, Mr. Cousins?

• Gary Oct 19, 2015 at 3:21 pm

And what does that make you, Mr. Cousins?

• Dan Oct 20, 2015 at 4:06 am

Scratches on gas chamber wall bring a chill knowing that was also their last breath